Author Topic: Conrad Sewell  (Read 298 times)

Marshall

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Conrad Sewell
« on: September 19, 2016, 04:59:56 AM »
Conrad Ignatius Mario Maximilian Sewell is an Australian singer and songwriter from Brisbane, Australia. Sewell is best known for his vocals on Kygo's single "Firestone" and his number-one single "Start Again". Wikipedia
Born: March 31, 1988 (age 28), Brisbane, Australia
Nationality: Australian
Albums: Blessed, Cinematic, The Witches Hammer, 8-BIT, All I Know, Start Again EP
Siblings: Grace, Oliver Sewell
Genres: Pop music, Soul music

At the ARIA Music Awards of 2015, he won Song of the Year for "Start Again" and it was nominated in two other categories: Breakthrough Artist and Best Pop Release. His fourth single, "Remind Me", has also made the charts.
Growing up in Brisbane, Sewell started pursuing a music career from a young age, sending around demos since he was 8 years old.[1] He later tried his luck with short-lived rock band Sons of Midnight.[2] He is brother of Australian pop singer Grace. In 2006 he moved to the United Kingdom.[1]
In 2004, Sewell auditioned for season 2 of Australian Idol, but did not pass the audition stage.[1] In 2014 Sewell wrote and featured on Kygo's hit, "Firestone". The single was a top five hit in many countries around the world.[3][4] His debut single "Hold Me Up" was written and produced by Brian Lee, The Euroz and Louis Bell. On 2 March 2015, Sewell announced his opening slot on Ed Sheeran's Australian tour via a video posted on his Facebook page. He joined Sheeran on 13 dates throughout Australia.[5] On 12 June 2015, Live Nation confirmed that Sewell would join Maroon 5 on their September tour as well as posting several tour dates.[6] Sewell supported Jess Glynne on her "Ain't Got Far to Go" UK tour in October and November 2015. In October, Sewell announced that his debut extended play, All I Know would be released on 13 November 2015.[7] He also posted various Australian and New Zealand tour dates throughout November.[8] In November 2015, at the ARIA Music Awards of 2015, Sewell won Song of the Year for "Start Again".[9][10] It was nominated in two other categories: Breakthrough Artist Release and Best Pop Release.[10] In February 2016, Sewell released "Remind Me" as a single from All I Know. The following month, Coca-Cola released a song and video for their new campaign, "Taste the Feeling". It features Sewell's vocals and production from Avicii.[11]

Information from: Wikipedia.com, aolcdn.com.